At Whisper of the Pipit we value our customers and respect your privacy, and because of this, we are dedicated to protecting your email address and any data you provide to us. Accordingly, we want you to understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it.
- When you make a purchase from Whisper of the Pipit website, we'll ask for and store your name, mailing address, phone number and email address. This information is all standard for fulfilling your order, providing you with newsletters (if subscribed), and helping solve any problems in case you run into using whisperofthepipit.com
- We DON’T store, save or collect your credit card information.
- Whisper of the Pipit website is powered by Shopify.
- Shopify is a Canadian e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, that develops computer software for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems. Shopify is one of the best and the most safest e-commerce companies that maintains Level 1 PCI Compliance for all of the site's checkouts and hosting. You can read more about PCI Compliance at this link here: https://www.shopify.com/pci-compliant
- Credit card informations are encrypted, meaning we never see the number let alone store it somewhere.
- When posting to Whisper of the Pipit's product comments (Latest News Feed located in the footer), everything you share is visible to other users. We are not responsible for the misuse of any personal information that a person submits freely on Whisper of the Pipit website through the use of product comments or social networking services. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a product comment (Latest News Feed in the footer) or on our Blog, that information is public and Whisper of the Pipit is not responsible for the misuse of that information in any circumstance.
This privacy statement provides you with details on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.whisperofthepipit.com
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data (device information).
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
We promise to treat your information with respect and will not sell or re-distribute your email address or data you have provided on our website or via our Newsletter for any reason whatsoever.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT (ORDER INFORMATION)?
When you make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. This data is submitted by you. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
You may also chose to provide additional personal information and photographs for a custom order, if you contact us directly via email. This information is used strictly to create your order and deleted after your order is fulfilled.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (if subscribed to our Newsletter)
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US BY EMAIL OR BY FILLING IN 'GET IN TOUCH' FORMS ON OUR SITE (CUSTOM ORDERS)
All information provided by you by email will be stored as long as it is necessary to fulfil your order. We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for.
We will never post your photos where your face is visible on any of our social media. We may use some of the photographs provided by you to show the details / elements of the outfits and accessories used to create your order only. We will always ask for your permission to use your photographs where your face is visible.
If for any reason you would like us to remove the photographs provided by you to us, posted on our social media showing the detailed outfit, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
EMAIL MARKETING (Newsletter)
Email marketing (Newsletter, if subscribed): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You can positively opt in by two factor authentication process, to receive email marketing by signing up to our Newsletter. The information you provide will be used to stay in touch with you and to provide updates about our store and products.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say yes or no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about our customers are important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Shopify (data processor). We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies (for example, Royal Mail, DHL, iPostParcels and other appropriate delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services (shipping your product).
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (c) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others. For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers for ten years after they stop being customers.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors like PayPal, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
This document was last updated on September 16, 2020.