At Whisper of the Pipit we value our customers and respect your privacy. Accordingly, we want you to understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it.
- When you make a purchase from Whisper of the Pipit website, we'll ask for and store your name, mailing address, phone number and email address. This information is all standard for fulfilling your order, providing you with newsletters (if subscribed), and helping solve any problems in case you run into using whisperofthepipit.com
- We DON’T store, save or collect your credit card information.
- Whisper of the Pipit website is powered by Shopify.
- Shopify is a Canadian e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, that develops computer software for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems. Shopify is one of the best and the most safest e-commerce companies that maintains Level 1 PCI Compliance for all of the site's checkouts and hosting. You can read more about PCI Compliance at this link here: https://www.shopify.com/pci-compliant
- Credit card informations are encrypted, meaning we don't ever see the number let alone store it somewhere.
- When posting to Whisper of the Pipit's product comments (Latest News Feed located in the footer), whatever you share is visible to other users. We are not responsible for the misuse of any personal information that a person submits freely on Whisper of the Pipit website through the use of product comments or social networking services. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a product comment (Latest News Feed in the footer), that information is public and Whisper of the Pipit is not responsible for the misuse of that information in any circumstance.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify has Level 1 PCI certification , which is the highest level of security for e-commerce websites. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Credit card details are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After transaction is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. We never store or see any details related your card. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Shopify provides our website with SSL (Secure Socket Layering technology), which you can see in our URL (the green security padlock) to encrypt your information, while it is transmitted over the Internet between your computer and our website servers. SSL is an industry standard technology for secure online transactions. Our website is secure through out, not only at the checkout like other e-commerce sites. The security green padlock is visible on every page at www.whisperofthepipit.com meaning this website is secure to browse through out.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors like PayPal, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 7 - CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 on the Website.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION