At Whisper of the Pipit we value our customers and respect your privacy, and because of this, we are dedicated to protecting your email address and any data you provide to us. Accordingly, we want you to understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it.
- When you make a purchase from Whisper of the Pipit website, we'll ask for and store your name, mailing address, phone number and email address. This information is all standard for fulfilling your order, providing you with newsletters (if subscribed), and helping solve any problems in case you run into using whisperofthepipit.com
- We DON’T store, save or collect your credit card information.
- Whisper of the Pipit website is powered by Shopify.
- Shopify is a Canadian e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, that develops computer software for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems. Shopify is one of the best and the most safest e-commerce companies that maintains Level 1 PCI Compliance for all of the site's checkouts and hosting. You can read more about PCI Compliance at this link here: https://www.shopify.com/pci-compliant
- Credit card informations are encrypted, meaning we never see the number let alone store it somewhere.
- When posting to Whisper of the Pipit's product comments (Latest News Feed located in the footer), whatever you share is visible to other users. We are not responsible for the misuse of any personal information that a person submits freely on Whisper of the Pipit website through the use of product comments or social networking services. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a product comment (Latest News Feed in the footer) or on our Blog, that information is public and Whisper of the Pipit is not responsible for the misuse of that information in any circumstance.
This privacy statement provides you with details on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.whisperofthepipit.com
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data (device information).
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
We promise to treat your information with respect and will not sell or re-distribute your email address or data you have provided on our website or via our Newsletter for any reason whatsoever.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT (ORDER INFORMATION)?
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. This data is submitted by you on your website. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
You may also chose to provide additional personal information and photographs for a custom order, if you contact us directly via email.
WHAT DEVICE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view on our website, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with our website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” This data is not capable of identifying an individual and it is used only to understand viewer preferences on our website.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (if subscribed to our Newsletter)
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US BY EMAIL OR BY FILLING IN 'GET IN TOUCH' FORMS ON OUR SITE (CUSTOM ORDERS)
All information provided by you by email will be stored as long as it is necessary to fulfil your order. We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for.
We will never post your photos where your face is visible on any of our social media. We may use some of the photos provided by you to show the details / elements of the outfits and the photos of some of the accessories used to create your order only. We will always ask for your permission to use your photos where your face is visible.
If for any reason you would like us to remove the photos provided by you to us, which is posted on our social media showing the detailed outfit, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAIL MARKETING (Newsletter)
Email marketing (Newsletter, if subscribed): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You can positively opt in by two factor authentication process, to receive email marketing by signing up to our Newsletter. The information you provide will be used to stay in touch with you and to provide updates about our store and products.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say yes or no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at email@example.com
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about our customers are important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Shopify (data processor). We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies (for example, Royal Mail, DHL, iPostParcels and other appropriate delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services (shipping your product).
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others. For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they stop being customers.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify encrypts data sent to and from our website and buyers using the HTTPS protocol. Shopify also encrypts any sensitive stored information, and salts and hashes merchant and buyer passwords using bcrypt. Shopify and all online stores powered by Shopify are Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant, which is the highest level of security for e-commerce websites. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Credit card details are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After transaction is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. We never store or see any details related to your card. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Shopify provides our website with SSL (Secure Socket Layering technology), which you can see in our URL (the green security padlock) to encrypt your information, while it is transmitted over the Internet between your computer and our website servers. SSL is an industry standard technology for secure online transactions. Our website is secure through out, not only at the checkout like other e-commerce sites. The security green padlock is visible on every page at www.whisperofthepipit.com meaning this website is secure to browse through out.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors like PayPal, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from people under the age of 18 on our website.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA including to Canada and the United States.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Malgo Amos (data controller)
Whisper of the Pipit
22 Victoria Road, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottingham, United Kingdom.
This document was last updated on May 19, 2018.